- What is included in the Silver&Fit® Exercise & Healthy Aging Program?
The program gives you access to fitness center membership(s) through a broad network of locations. If you do not want to join a fitness center, the Silver&Fit program offers a Home Fitness program, with your choice of up to 2 home fitness kits per benefit year. Once enrolled, you may view Healthy Aging educational resources online or request that they be mailed. You can also track your exercise at a fitness center or through a wearable fitness device or app* using the Silver&Fit Connected!TM program. You’ll receive The Silver Slate® newsletter, which gives useful information about health and fitness. And you can take health and wellness online classes.
*The purchase of a wearable fitness device or app is not included.
- How can I enroll in the Silver&Fit program?
Register for SilverandFit.com (or log in if you have already created an account). Take the following steps:
1. Select Find a Fitness Center to search for a fitness center that meets your needs.
2. Select one fitness center.
- If you do not have an annual member fee, complete your enrollment online or take your fitness card directly to the fitness center.
- If you do have an annual member fee, and depending on the fitness center you chose, you will either be advised to visit your selected fitness center and pay the fee, or you’ll continue to enroll by paying your fee online.
Or, you can call Customer Service toll-free at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD: 711).
- Can I continue to use my existing fitness center?
If the fitness center is part of the Silver&Fit network, advise the fitness center that you are eligible for the Silver&Fit program. Then show your fitness card and pay your non-refundable annual member fee directly to the fitness center, if applicable. If the fitness center is not part of the Silver&Fit network, you will need to switch to a participating location for a no-cost/low-cost membership.
- What are the different types of fitness centers participating with the Silver&Fit program?
You may select from the following:
- Full Coed Fitness Centers, which offer Silver&Fit-endorsed exercise classes as well as a standard membership with cardiovascular and resistance training equipment
- Basic Coed Fitness Centers, which offer a standard membership with cardiovascular and resistance training equipment
- Gender-Specific Fitness Centers, which offer a standard membership but members work out with others of the same gender
- Exercise Centers, which include community pools, recreation centers, yoga, and Pilates studios
- How do I nominate a fitness center?
Go to the Find a Fitness Center section of the website, scroll to “Can’t find your fitness center?” and select “Let us know.” Provide the name, address, and phone number of your favorite fitness center. Or call Customer Service toll-free at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD: 711).
- Can I change my fitness center? If so, how often?
Call Customer Service toll-free at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD: 711) to change your fitness center. You may change fitness centers once per month. Your change will be effective the first of the following month.
- Once I change to a new fitness center, when can I begin attending the new one?
When you change your fitness center, your effective date with the new location is the first of the following month.
- When I choose to leave my fitness center, can I choose any fitness center in the network (service area) to join? If I have a fee, do I pay my non-refundable annual member fee again to the new fitness center?
You may choose any fitness center in the network to join. When you switch fitness centers, your effective date with the new fitness center is the first of the following month. If you have a non-refundable annual member fee, you do not need to pay it again until the start of a new benefit year.
- If I belong to a fitness center that leaves the network, how am I notified?
You will receive a letter, if available, providing a 30-day advance notice, when possible, of the fitness center’s termination. The letter includes a list of up to 10 nearby fitness centers. Call or go online to choose a new fitness center in the Silver&Fit network. Once you choose a new fitness center, you must call Customer Service to apply the change immediately.
- What do I do if I have questions or concerns about my fitness center?
Contact Customer Service toll-free at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD: 711), or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is the investigative process for complaints against a fitness center?
American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., provider of the Silver&Fit program, will assess complaints and follow up accordingly. Some methods of investigation are an inquiry letter, a site visit, or a secret shopper call.
HOME FITNESS PROGRAM
- How many Home Fitness Kits can I get?
If you enroll in the Home Fitness program rather than a fitness center, you may choose up to 2 kits per benefit year.
- If I choose the Silver&Fit Home Fitness Program during the enrollment process, how long will it take for the kits to arrive?
The first kit is mailed within 10 days of enrollment. The second kit (if applicable) is mailed 90 days after the first kit is shipped.
- If I choose the Home Fitness program during the enrollment process and then change my mind, how long must I wait before I can join a fitness center?
You may call Customer Service toll-free at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD: 711) to enroll with a participating fitness center. Your effective date with the fitness center is the day after you call. You will no longer receive Home Fitness kits, and any outstanding kits will not be shipped. If you have an annual member fee, you must call the Silver&Fit program to dis-enroll from the Home Fitness program. You then pay the annual member fee directly to the fitness center (or to the Silver&Fit program if you’re choosing a fitness center that does not collect the fee directly).
WEBSITE FEATURES (if available under your health plan)
- What are the features available on the Silver&Fit website?
You can register to use the website and access the features available to you under your health plan benefit. These may include the Silver&Fit Connected! program, rewards, and online classes. You may view Healthy Aging resources and receive The Silver Slate newsletter. Once enrolled, you may choose to get Healthy Aging resources by mail, and the newsletter by mail or email, if preferred.
- What is the Silver&Fit Connected! program?
The Silver&Fit Connected! program is a tool that allows you to sync and track your activity from approved wearable fitness devices and apps. Your activity is converted to points that can be redeemed for rewards, if applicable. Purchase of a wearable fitness device or app may be required and is not reimbursed by the Silver&Fit program.
- If I register for the Silver&Fit website, how do I use the Silver&Fit Connected! program?
Once you register for the website, go to the My Account section to see a list of compatible wearable fitness devices and apps. Then, choose the app/device that you use and give permission to that vendor to send activity to the Silver&Fit program. Return to SilverandFit.com and start tracking your progress on the website. Purchase of a wearable fitness device or app may be required and is not reimbursed by the Silver&Fit program.
- How do I earn rewards by tracking my activity through the Silver&Fit Connected! program?
Reward thresholds are determined by your health plan. You are rewarded based on the amount of points you collect. Refer to the Rewards Program section of the website to learn how many points are assigned to each type of activity and what your reward threshold is.
- If I use two wearable fitness devices or apps, can I get credit for both?
The activity from both wearable fitness devices/apps will be recorded on your activity page. However, you will only receive credit for the use of one device/app or fitness center visit with the highest points for that day.
- Will I receive credit toward my rewards for data that I manually add?
Credit for manually added data is not applied to your reward threshold. You can only apply electronically tracked data.
- What are the types of rewards I might be able to earn?
If applicable, the first reward is a collectible hat. You may choose a Silver&Fit-branded visor, baseball cap, or floppy hat for the first quarter that the threshold is met. After the initial hat reward, you will receive a collectible pin each time you reach your reward threshold in a later quarter.
- How do I cancel my enrollment?
You must call Customer Service toll-free at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD: 711) to cancel your enrollment.
Prior to participating in this or any other exercise or weight management program, it is important for you to seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health professional.
The Silver&Fit program is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc. (ASH Fitness), a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). All programs and services are not available in all areas. Silver&Fit, the Silver&Fit logo, The Silver Slate, Silver&Fit and Connected! are trademarks of ASH. Your use of Silver&Fit Connected! serves as your consent for ASH Fitness to receive information about your tracked activity and to use that data to process and administer available rewards to you under the program.