- What is included in the Silver&Fit® Exercise & Healthy Aging Program?
The Silver&Fit Exercise & Healthy Aging Program provides you access to fitness facility membership(s) through a broad network of participating fitness facilities. If you are not interested in joining a facility, the Silver&Fit program offers a Home Fitness Program, with your choice of up to 2 Home Fitness Kits per benefit year. In addition, once enrolled, you will receive Healthy Aging educational materials available online or, if requested, by mail. You can also track your exercise at a facility or through a wearable fitness device or app* using the Silver&Fit Connected!TM program; sign up for The Silver Slate® newsletter, which provides useful information about health and fitness; and access www.SilverandFit.com.
*Purchase of a wearable fitness devices and app is not included.
- What are the methods in which I can enroll in the Silver&Fit program?
There are a few options to enroll into the program:
If you do not have an annual member fee, you can:
- Take your fitness card to the Silver&Fit fitness facility of your choice, or
- Log in to www.SilverandFit.com or
- Call the Silver&Fit toll-free Customer Services hotline at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD 1.877.710.2746).
If you have a non-refundable annual member fee, you can pay the fee directly to most fitness facilities. For facilities that do not accept the fee directly, you can pay your fee by visiting www.SilverandFit.com or by calling 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD 1.877.710.2746).
- Can I continue to use my existing fitness facility?
If the fitness facility is part of the Silver&Fit network, you should advise the facility that you are eligible for the Silver&Fit program, present your fitness card, and pay your non-refundable annual member fee directly to the facility, if applicable. If the fitness facility is not part of the Silver&Fit network, you will need to switch to a Silver&Fit fitness facility for a no-cost/low-cost membership.
- Do I get a fitness card? If so, how is one obtained?
Yes, you will receive a fitness card in your pre-enrollment packet, which can be taken to the facility. Once you visit the facility and are enrolled, you will receive a welcome packet in the mail, if available. If you enroll by phone, the welcome letter, which includes the name and location of your chosen fitness facility, will be mailed within 5 days, if available.
- If you have a non-refundable annual member fee, you must pay your fee directly to your fitness facility. If you choose to go to a fitness facility that does not accept the annual member fee, you can pay your fee to the Silver&Fit program (online or by calling) prior to visiting the fitness facility. Members who enroll online can download and print their welcome letter immediately, if available, and take it to the facility.
- What are the different types of facilities participating with the Silver&Fit program?
You have the option to select from the following:
- Full Coed Fitness Facilities, which offer Silver&Fit-endorsed exercise classes in addition to their standard membership with cardiovascular and resistance training equipment
- Basic Coed Fitness Facilities, which offer a standard membership access to cardiovascular and resistance training equipment
- Gender-Specific Fitness Facilities, which offer a standard membership but members have the opportunity to work out with others of the same gender
- Exercise Centers, which include community pools, recreation centers, yoga, and Pilates studios
- How do I nominate a fitness facility?
You can nominate a fitness facility by going to the Find a Fitness Facility section of the website, or by calling the Silver&Fit toll-free Customer Services hotline at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD 1.877.710.2746).
- Can I change my fitness facility? If so, how often?
Yes. You can call the Silver&Fit toll-free Customer Services hotline at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD 1.877.710.2746) to change your fitness facility. You may change fitness facilities once per month.
- Once I change to a new fitness facility, when can I begin attending the new one?
When you change your facility, your effective date with the new facility will be the first of the following month.
- When I choose to leave my facility, can I choose any facility in the network (service area) to join? If I have a fee, do I pay my non-refundable annual member fee again to the new facility?
Yes, you may choose any facility in the network to join. When you switch facilities, your effective date with the new facility will be the first of the following month. If you have a non-refundable annual member fee, you do not need to pay it again until the beginning of a new benefit year.
- If I belong to a facility that leaves the network, how am I notified?
You will receive a fitness facility resignation/termination letter (if available), providing a 30-day advance notice (when possible) of the facility’s resignation or termination. The resignation/termination letter includes a listing of up to 10 closest facilities and advises you to call the Silver&Fit program or to go online to choose a new fitness facility participating with the Silver&Fit program. Once you have chosen a new fitness facility, you must call the Silver&Fit toll-free Customer Services hotline to apply the change immediately.
- What do I do if I have questions or concerns about my facility?
Contact the Silver&Fit toll-free Customer Services hotline at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD 1.877.710.2746), or email us at email@example.com
- What is the investigative process for complaints against a facility?
American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., provider of the Silver&Fit program, will assess complaints and follow up accordingly. Some methods of investigation are an inquiry letter, a site visit, or a secret shopper call.
HOME FITNESS PROGRAM
- How many Home Fitness Kits can I get?
You may choose up to 2 per benefit year.
- If I choose the Silver&Fit Home Fitness Program during the enrollment process, how long will it take for the kits to arrive?
The first Home Fitness Kit is mailed within 10 days of enrollment. The second Home Fitness Kit (if applicable) is mailed 90 days after the first kit is shipped.
- If I choose the Silver&Fit Home Fitness Program during the enrollment process and then change my mind, how long must I wait before I can join a facility?
You may call the toll-free Customer Services hotline at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD 1.877.710.2746) to enroll with a fitness facility. Your effective date will be the day after you call to enroll into a participating fitness facility. You will no longer receive the Silver&Fit fitness kits, and any outstanding kits will not be shipped. If you have an annual member fee, you must call the Silver&Fit program to dis-enroll from the Home Fitness Program. You then pay the annual member fee directly to the fitness facility (or to the Silver&Fit program if you’re choosing a facility that does not collect the fee directly).
WEBSITE FEATURES (if available under your health plan)
- What are the features available on the Silver&Fit website?
Once you have registered to use the website, you can access all of the features offered by your health plan, which may include the Silver&Fit Connected! program, rewards information, challenges, and a variety of online classes. You will also have access to The Silver Slate newsletter and Healthy Aging information online. Once enrolled, you may choose to receive the newsletter and Healthy Aging information by mail, if preferred.
- What is the Silver&Fit Connected! program?
The Silver&Fit Connected! program is a tool that allows you to track your exercise and activity from wearable fitness devices and apps. Your exercise and activity are converted into points that can be redeemed for rewards, if applicable. Purchase of wearable fitness devices and apps may be required and is not reimbursed by the Silver&Fit program.
- If I register for the Silver&Fit website, how do I use the Silver&Fit Connected! program?
Once you have registered for the website, go to the My Account section to see a list of wearable fitness devices and apps that are compatible with the Silver&Fit Connected! program. Then, choose the app/device that you use and provide permission to that vendor to send activity to the Silver&Fit program. You will then be directed back to www.SilverandFit.com and can start tracking your progress on the website. Purchase of a wearable fitness device or app may be required and is not reimbursed by the Silver&Fit program.
- How do I earn rewards by tracking my activity through the Silver&Fit Connected! program?
Reward thresholds are determined by your health plan. You are rewarded based on the amount of points you accumulate. Refer to the Rewards Program section of the website to learn how many points are assigned to each type of activity and what your reward threshold is.
- If I use two wearable fitness devices or apps, can I get credit for both?
The activity from both wearable fitness devices/apps will be recorded on your activity page; however, you will only receive credit for the use of one wearable fitness device/app or fitness facility visit with the highest points for that day.
- Will I receive credit toward my rewards for data that I manually add?
Credit for manually added data is not applied to your reward threshold. Only electronically tracked data can be applied.
- What are the types of rewards I might be able to earn?
If applicable, the first reward is a collectible hat. You may choose to receive a Silver&Fit-branded visor, baseball cap, or floppy hat for the first quarter that the threshold is met. After the initial hat reward, you will receive a collectible pin each time you reach your reward threshold in a later quarter.
- What are challenges on the website?
Online challenges are a fun way to interact with other members and stay motivated. Interactive graphics will show you your progress toward a goal. You may challenge yourself or other members.
- What is the Accountabilities feature?
You can designate an eligible friend, spouse, or partner to keep you on track with your fitness goals. You will have access to personal accountability boards to pin goals, motivational pictures, and affirmations.
- How do I dis-enroll?
You must call the Silver&Fit toll-free Customer Services hotline at 1.877.427.4788 (TTY/TDD 1.877.710.2746) to dis-enroll.
Prior to participating in this or any other exercise or weight management program, it is important for you to seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health professional.
The Silver&Fit program is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc. (ASH Fitness), a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). All programs and services are not available in all areas. Silver&Fit, the Silver&Fit logo, The Silver Slate, Silver&Fit and Connected! are trademarks of ASH. Your use of Silver&Fit Connected! serves as your consent for ASH Fitness to receive information about your tracked activity and to use that data to process and administer available rewards to you under the program.